“Anything can happen in the woods.” We review Disney’s film adaptation of Into the Woods! Is this a fitting adaptation of Stephen Sondheim’s classic Broadway musical? Does it suffer from “Disneyfication”? What’s the story saying about fairytales? Why are our hosts so upset about the film's casting? In the INFINITE CROSSOVER CHAMBER, it’s a sing off between Into the Woods and Les Misérables! We journey into our top 5 fairytale retellings.
- 0:00 – 21:23: Into the Woods (non-spoilers).
- 21:24 - 33:10: Into the Woods (spoilers)
- 33:11 – 46:56: INFINITE CROSSOVER CHAMBER: Into the Woods VS. Les Misérables.
- 46:57 – 1:13:48: Top 5 Fairytale Retellings.
- How Hollywood drains the subversion out of Into the Woods
- Into The Woods is a Rob Marshall musical that’s not ashamed to be a musical
- Into The Woods Should Have Killed This Character
- The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales
- Honest Trailers - Les Miserables
- 4 Bizarrely Specific Rules Fairy Tale Adaptations All Follow
Top 5 Fairytale Retellings
- Sleepy Hollow
- Ever After
- The Princess and the Frog
- Pretty Woman
- Pan’s Labyrinth
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Brothers Grimm